Storytelling in 3 Ways
Digital storytelling is a very useful tool when it comes to conveying information. Through the use of pictures or words you are able to convey the message in a fun manner that makes the reader engaged. For me, I preferred media that required more words than pictures because I prefer to tell stories and have the reader imagine the pictures in their head. Using pictures then captioning them did not feel as much of a natural choice for me. However, if I truly wanted to, I would have been able to tell a story since this was a very fun story to work with. The tools were very user friendly and intuitive and I'm very happy I got the chance to work with them.
Storyboard: Goldilocks and the Three Bears
- On a warm Sunday morning, a bear family is getting breakfast ready.
- Mama bear pours the porridge from Papa Bear, Baby Bear and herself.
- It is too hot, so she decides that they all should take a walk and wait for it to cool down.
- While they are gone, a nosy little girl notices that their house is open.
- She goes inside the house and notices the three bowls of porridge.
- The first bowl of porridge was too hot.
- The second bowl of porridge was too cold.
- The last bowl was just right, so she ate it all up.
- Eating made her feel like relaxing so she went to the living room to find something to relax in.
- The first chair she found was too boring.
- The second chair she found rocked too much and made her feel ill.
- The third chair was a nice swivelly chair that was just right and she swivelled and swivelled in it until she broke it.
- Now that she had no chair to relax in, she had to find a bed to relax in. She went to the bedrooms to find a bed to sleep in.
- The first bed was too hard.
- The second bed was too soft.
- The third bed was just right and she ended up passing out in it, falling fast asleep.
- When the bear family came home, they were shocked to find that their house was a mess.
- Papa Bear noticed that someone tasted his porridge.
- Mama Bear noticed that someone tasted her porridge.
- Baby Bear cried that he had no more porridge left.
- Then they noticed that the living room light was on.
- Papa Bear noticed that his chair had moved.
- Mama bear noticed that her chair had moved.
- Baby Bear cried that he no longer had a chair.
- Suddenly they heard snoring coming from the bedroom.
- Papa Bear noticed that his bed was messed up.
- Mama Bear noticed that her bed was messed up.
- Baby Bear was happy to notice that he had found a replacement for his breakfast.